Salle d'Armes Mimiague

Fencing Arms & Artifacts - 2018.013 - IMG-01.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Salle d'Armes Mimiague

Subject

Print

Description

Mimiague le Bearnais was a pupil of Jean-Louis, an artillery regiment's maître d'armes, and, at some time, in the Zouaves. Mimiague founded his salle d'armes on Rue Richelieu in 1862. Upon Mimiague's death in 1883 the salle relocated to Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré under the instruction of Monsieur Large, prévôt d'armes and former grenadier of the imperial guard. Names of old French fencing masters such as Saint-Didier, Lyancourt, Le Perche, Danet, La Boëssière, Jean Louis, Lafaguère, and others adored the ceiling.

Creator

Frédéric Régamey

Source

Albert de Saint-Albin, "A Travers les Salles d'Armes" A La Librairie illustrée, Paris, 1887.

Date

1887

Contributor

A La Librairie illustrée (Publisher)

Rights

© Fencing Arms & Artifacts

Format

Paper, ink.

Language

French

Type

Still Image

Identifier

2018.02.009

Still Image Item Type Metadata

Owner / Custodian

Borrowed for digitization from Michigan State University Libraries

Digitization Record

Digitized by Benjamin Bowles ; Cataloged by Benjamin Bowles

Collection

Citation

Frédéric Régamey, “Salle d'Armes Mimiague,” Fencing Arms & Artifacts, accessed February 4, 2023, https://fencingexhibit.com/items/show/14.

Item Relations

This item has no relations.

Embed

Copy the code below into your web page